Apploi is looking to add a crucial player to our dynamic, growing team of accounting professionals. The accounting team is responsible for presenting clear and concise information to the rest of the company, allowing leaders to make strategic decisions and help the company grow.
Apploi is transforming how healthcare hires with all-in-one software that empowers companies to find, onboard, and retain staff. Working with over 7,000 healthcare organizations across the United States, our NYC-based company helps leaders solve the industry’s most pressing problem: how to provide superb care in the midst of a candidate shortage. Working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, the Senior Accountant role will be fully remote. You will have the opportunity to work with every department on the Apploi team, connecting all functions of the business, and will collaborate closely with the Controller.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably 2-3 years in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, such as Finance
- CPA preferred, not required
- Self-directed and willing to take ownership of responsibilities while also having a strong desire to work on a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task based on the most relevant needs
- Strong problem solver, able to see how the different pieces of the puzzle fit together
- Highly detail-oriented, with an analytical approach to support a strategic decision-making process
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues that arise with systems or data
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to ensure all deliverables are accurate and of the highest quality, implementing actionable solutions
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with cash management, depreciation, and variance analysis in your last role
- Bonus skills: Saas exposure, Floqast, Netsuite, and Salesforce (CPQ)
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to the Controller as a key member of the Accounting & Finance team
- Oversee the month-end close process and provide solutions to streamline the close timeline
- Prepare financial statements and flux analysis on a monthly basis
- Manage the monthly and quarterly sales tax filings by state
- Help build out financial policies and procedures, aligning with GAAP
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of internal control documentation
- Support the annual audit by providing work papers and documentation to external auditors
- Research technical accounting and reporting topics
- Aid in the upcoming ERP changes and any other special projects
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flex Fridays – employees are encouraged to take up to 2 Fridays off each month outside of other PTO. No meetings & wrap up at 3 pm on all other Fridays.
- Wellness reimbursement
- Excellent employee referral program
- Internal training programs
- In-person events and activities
- Employee hubs and office locations nationwide
- Flexible and remote working options
- Healthy life/work balance
- Fun, collaborative work environment
At Apploi, we pride ourselves on putting people first. This starts at the heart of the company, where we’ve created a workspace where we can be unapologetically ourselves. We’re an eclectic and spirited bunch with amazing company culture, working together to revolutionize hiring!
Apploi is transforming how healthcare hires with all-in-one software that empowers companies to find, onboard, and retain staff. Working with over 7,000 healthcare organizations across the United States, our team helps leaders solve the industry’s most pressing problem: how to provide superb care in the midst of a candidate shortage.
Our mission to revolutionize hiring through innovation, empathy, and an understanding of human impact has earned Apploi widespread notice. In 2021, Apploi won Gold for Established Excellence in Inc.’s Best in Business awards and was recognized in 2022 by Inc. as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies for the third consecutive year. The platform was also recognized by GetApp as a 2022 category leader in onboarding, recruiting, and applicant tracking. On a wide scale and an individual basis, Apploi is dedicated to helping healthcare workers and employers thrive in the industry they love.
At Apploi, we’re devoted to creating an excellent employee experience. Our team, culture, and benefits all make it an incredible place to work, so come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.